Going Outside The Comfort Zone: The Olde World Bakery & Cafe

 Going Outside The Comfort Zone

The Olde World Bakery


1000 Smithville Road, Easthampton, NY 08060 


A couple of weeks ago I went on a trip to Seminole, New Jersey for the weekend. Desperate to get away from the city and wanting to celebrate at a family function I discovered a cool place that I just had to tell you about.


I just love me some Baked goods so guess how happy I was when a family member stopped by a Bakery. But not just any Bakery! No, it was a Bakery in the Olde World style complete with a Brick Oven! Not only that but this Bakery also makes, drum roll please, Pizza!


Now there are a few Pizza places in my patch in Brooklyn, New York and some of them have brick ovens but very few Bakeries in New York have Brick ovens. So this was a rare treat for my eyes as well as my stomach. The Brick Oven was the star of the show. However I really like the total vibe of the place.


Olde World Bakery has the threefold vibe of Italian Trattoria meets Cafe’ that’s part Art Gallery. All together giving the atmosphere a warm and homey feeling.  






 




 




So with all this combined I was enjoying my time there immensely! I even go to take some photos! It was so cool of the head Baker guy to let us behind the counter to take these close up shots! I was so close that I could feel the heat of the oven and could smell the bread baking inside. So my Fam made their purchases and off we went to enjoy our purchase. (Which by the way was a custom made cake, some delicious Red Velvet cupcakes, and a cannoli.) I thought that this was my lucky day but I was wrong…



…because some members went back later and brought back Pizza!


The Ye Olde World Bakery & Cafe’ is somewhat further a field than where I usually go for baked goods or pizza but if I’m ever in that area again that would be my go to spot! So if you’re ever in Mount Holly, New Jersey just stop on by! 






















Comments

Popular Posts