Community News: Sorry I'm late, Solar Power In Brooklyn, And Other Tidbits

(Yeah, yeah, we can play catch up later. Meanwhile I've got some news you just might like to know about.)


Solarize Brooklyn Cost -Effective Solar Power Meeting


 I was looking though my e-mail when I clicked on an e-mail from Council Member Jumaane Williams. I read thorough the all the usual announcements when I found something that delighted me. It seems that Solar Power firms are available in Brooklyn and are avaliable for all Home Owners, Landlords, and Co-op. Not to mention Local Churches as well.

Solar power can cut costs on oil, electric, and gas as well as reduce our carbon footprint on the Earth; so imagine how stoke I was when I read that there would be a meeting at my local YMCA on Wednesday hosted by Solarize Brooklyn. I went and found out all I could about Solar Photovoltaic and Solar Thermal energy. Alas I also found that for a mere renter like myself I couldn't sign up but don't think I won't try and convince my Landlord to. (Maybe I could focus on how much money he'll save then he'll do it. I sure know I want to save money on my Con Edison bill. It's either that or try to get a bank loan, ha ha.)

Solarize Brooklyn was organized by two local groups, Sustainable Flatbush and Sustainable Kensington Windsor Terrace. It is completely led by volunteers that want to help their neighbors go solar. (For more info see their website. http://www.solarizebrooklyn.org/ . Bottom Paragraph)

Their next meeting is at Flatbush Library address 72 Linden Boulevard, on Tuesday July 2nd. Go to their website to sign up to reserve your seat. BYOSB (Bring Your Own Snacks And Beverages)

Free Concerts In Brooklyn

This summer something cool is happen at Prospect Park. ( Yeah,no it's not the weather. Heh, heh!) Free concerts! BRIC is sponsoring concerts at the Bandshell in Prospect Park. Go to http://bricartsmedia.org/performing-arts/celebrate-brooklyn/prospect-park-bandshell-2013 to check out which of your favorite bands are playing. BYOSB.

More to come
 I wish I could explain to you how much I wish I had more free time to write to my blog readers but alas I can not for it would take a book. However I will write when I can with lots of things that are going on in NYC as well as continue to give you the 411 on what's going on in my life. Stay tuned and please read my other blog pages. Peace ba-bies!

MRClueuin


Comments

Popular Posts