Gurl, Where The Heck Have You Been?- A Year In Review



     
Gurl, Where The Heck Have You Been?- A Year In Review


Gurl, where the heck have you been?! Is probably what you have all been asking whenever you peep at my blog. If not congratulations you have a life or have found a better blog to read. Can’t say I would blame you as I have been totally out of it since August. However if you do have a life and think my blog was worth reading I sincerely apologize for being remiss in keeping this blog up to date.

I have a lot of excuses and at least two good reasons for being hello late, lame, and lazy. One of my reasons were that I am a writer and if this blog was my only project you guys (and my one follower) would have a really good reason to be pissed. (However your mileage may vary.) At any rate I have been trying to complete a short story that I have been working on for the last, oh let’s see, four years or more. What better time to focus than when you’re unemployed, receiving unemployment, and have time in between updating your resume and sending all over the place? Oh yes times are tough but it takes more than economical downturn to get this girl down! LOL

So there I was trying to keep up my major tough writing schedule when I realize that I hadn’t updated my blog! I swear to all that is holy in this world that I was just about to hunker down and do some research when major bills came along. Remember when I promised a new exciting feature where I would go around town and take pictures of so-called fashions for real women then make comments? Yeah, couldn’t take pictures if I couldn’t buy a digital camera now could I? Con Ed must be paid and life is a bitch till you learn to smell the roses!

Seriously, I wish I could have because I saw this really bitchin’ outfit up by Atlantic Avenue at this boutique and would have really, really, loved to take a picture of it to show to my audience…..of apparently one follower and whoever glanced at my blog and then decided to find something more interesting. (No I’m not whining, sniff.) Anyways, I’m really sorry about that one. The second reason? Well, this is going to sound really lame but if you’ve ever had a mid-fall flu cold then you probably will sympathize. I was as sick as a dog! Could not write even an e-mail so much as a snippet of a blog much less work on my short story. L

So now of course comes the lamest of excuses, while I was sick I got hello bored and decide to rise up out of my bed and surf the net. I decided to find out what to do on the internet when bored at a site that right now I can’t remember the name but I know another woman wrote so I blame her. Her site recommended that I watch old Doctor Who episodes. Being low at heel and only being able to afford to pay for my internet service, (shut up), I had no way to afford to go down to my local movie rental store; heck much less be able to play the thing considering I didn’t have a DVD player or a laptop with the latest Cd-Rom attachment. (Shut up I’m not cheap, I could only afford a net book. Yeah, I know, shut up!)

What did I do? Well I surfed the net and came to many sites that offered for a small fee or no fee at all many, many, Doctor Who episodes. So I picked some episodes off of the Amazon.Com website. (They we’re offering a one month trail of Prime membership. Big mistake will tell you later about it)  The rest as they say is history as I got lost in Time, Space and Christopher Eccleston’s smile! Then David Tennant then Matt Smith and all my favorite old time Time Lords. Then of course I had to go on Youtube.Com to learn even more fan stuff and it went down hill from there.

There is this cool guy from Great Britain named MrTardis and he has a Youtube page called “MrTadisReviews” from there I got other Youtube recommendations and started watching this hello funny guy called “The Nostalgia Critic”. OMG, that was one of the coolest three months ever spent by the internet! What was not cool was I was only sick for three weeks in September! So lame! I’m sorry but I will make it up to you. How?

Well two ways. One- I will give you these entertaining guys and gals Youtube and web addresses so you two can lose all your valuable extra-time watching them and Two- Load a clip of Doctor Who. Not much of an apology gift to be sure which is why I am also going outside in the cold to take pictures with my net book and start on other blogs! I swear and I’m sorry and Oh…
…Happy New Year!

Peace!


The Nostalgia Critic: www.thatguywithglasses.com & Search Youtube.com

Doctor Who:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003LZ5B7S/ref=atv_dp_season_select?ie=UTF8&redirect=true

Comments